Hello there and welcome to House of Greco. I'm so glad you came for a visit and I look forward to sharing with you the realization of about 10 years of vision and hard work. I'm Anna and I'll be your guide.
House of Greco was established in 2015 as a music studio and general goods store, which also includes a few local services. I grew up in San Jose and have lived all over the country as well as traveled to many countries. I am now enjoying being a resident of Felton, in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Nature is at my doorstep in every direction.
It's hard to simplify all the inspiration that has gone into this venture. Nature, people, history, local traditions and my European background all make it up. I'm so inspired by the beautiful redwoods, mountains, steam trains, oceans, vast trails, the surf and skate culture that I grew up around, including the boardwalk, the shops and the restaurants. Then there is the European influence throughout my family - the museum-like houses, spending whole days together eating and relaxing with family, British etiquette, horses, and so much more. Not to mention period films and adventure stories of all kinds.
Yes, let's actually mention period films and adventure stories for a moment - Have you ever watched a period movie and wondered what it would be like to buy an item from that time period and use it? I'm not talking about collectibles, I'm talking about everyday items that we use over and over. What are they? Where did they come from and how were they made? Everything you can find here is on the small side and I've tried to imagine each product in one of those time periods or films. I also put a lot of importance on items having more than one use. I have only scratched the surface, so with time and your interest and support, this will grow and grow. I hope to serve your daily needs, so do give me a call if you ever want to chat about a new product.
A little about me - I run the business on my own, and with occasional help. I'm first and foremost a pianist, but sing as well. I have worked many years as a concert pianist, piano accompanist, vocal coach, director, producer and entrepreneur. I also ran a bead weaving business called Gold Onyx Bead Weaving Supplies back in the day.
Now I like to spend my time being creative, walking, playing the piano, doing fun equestrian sports, and spending time with my amazing community and of course, my animals. I also like to rewrite songs into silly versions (I grew up with Weird Al) - ask me about my Sectional Seating song. I love God and try to be like Him as much as I can.
My goals are to play the A Minor Piano Concerto by Grieg with orchestra, surf, learn robot dancing, and ride a horse with a sword in one hand in a movie.
I like fresh socks and I cannot lie.
- Excellent customer service ~ shopping should be relaxing
- To inspire a lifestyle that cherishes kindness, respect, function, beauty, quality and durability
- To enjoy the old classics while allowing hints of elegant technology to aid in keeping us functional and relevant
- To use natural materials and color palettes as much as possible. There is mostly a Victorian influence, but you find a sprinkling of Egyptian and some other influences too.
A note from Anna -
Many influences have come from relatives, previous time periods, fantasy stories, and some of the most fascinating elements of our modern time. This website and business is dedicated to several of my family members for their contribution to my imagination and ambition.
My thanks are to:
- My mother - For developing creativity in me and supporting me in the arts. I so love to dance. And for teaching me how to make the most awesome gingerbread in the world.
- My father - For my mechanical and mathematical mind. For taking me to church.
- My sister - For always encouraging me to write awesome electronica music and making me excited about everything ancient Egyptian.
- Grandpa Bob - For inspiring us in the first place with all of your conversations about ancient Egypt and for passing your books along to us.
- Grandma Florence - For having the most awesome museum-like houses and for passing down your love of playing beautiful arpeggiated piano music. And for giving me your beautiful piano, the one I learned chopsticks on.
- Grandma G.G. - For all the times at your lovely tudor house, especially at Christmas time - it was magical. And for always making your homemade applesauce and oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Grandma Mary - For keeping the pasta flowing every Saturday. And the Looney Tunes.
- Grandpa Joe - My second generation Italian cuddlebug, you always made me think of Italy in the old days, with your calm and relaxed demeanor - I miss sitting on your lap while you and grandma laughed and made faces at each other. I miss you the most.
- My son, Joseph, named after your grandpa Joe - You two would have liked each other - thank you for the smile on your face.
- To all my old and new friends and my amazing support network - Thank you for your love, encouragement, support, collaboration, and inspiration. I couldn't have made it this far without you.
To all my customers - Thank you for visiting and I sincerely hope you enjoy your experience at House of Greco.
Owner / Musician